Joseph Karl Pelikan
Dr. JOSEF C KARL is an expert from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Berlin, FRG with focus on diplomacy, politics, banking and HR.
He is currently the Head of Division “Coordination and International Cooperation” to the Federal Minister Dr Gerd Müller, MP, and Head of Division “German-Greek Assembly” to Parliamentary State Secretary Norbert Barthle, MP. Before this he was the Head of Office of two Parliamentary State Secretaries and Heads of the Supervisory Board of the DEG bank (subsidiary of KfW) (2015-8), Desk Officer International Trade (2014-5).
He holds a Bachelor in Political Sciences from University of Regensburg, Faculty of Economics (’99) and M.Sc. in Economic and Social History from University of Oxford, Oriel College, Oxford, UK.
• The German Bishops’ Conference Scholarship (Cusanuswerk) 2002-4
• The German National Merit Foundation (Member since 2002)
• The Scatcherd European Scholarship (University of Oxford) 2004-5
• The Michael Wills Scholarship (University of Oxford) 2002-4
• The Oriel College (University of Oxford) Research Scholarship 2003 and 2004
• The Hölderlin Scholarship by the German National Merit Foundation (2005)
• The Bavarian State Scholarship for Highly Gifted Students (1999-2005)
• The Commander’s Cross of the Romanian National Order for Cultural Merits (2013)
* Professor Honoris Causa of the Technical University of Bucharest (2014)